Vision and Mission
Hand In Hand Southern Africa (HIH SA) is an NPO that started operations in 2006. Our vision is poverty alleviation through job creation. We believe that the best way to do this is through the formation of Self Help Groups (SHG’s), and enterprises for sustainable Livelihoods development.
We are part of an International group of organisations in India, Afghanistan, and most recently Kenya.
Our Mission is to reduce poverty amongst the underprivileged with the focus of income generation through capacity building and empowerment of mainly women and youth in rural and peri-urban areas.
- To promote the Self Help Group (SHG) models as vehicles for job creation
- To empower women through capacity building and the creation of micro enterprises for sustainable livelihoods.
- To facilitate access to finance for micro enterprises
- Pro-poor and bottom up approach
- Participatory learning
- Mainstreaming gender in all activities
- Transparency and accountability in all actions